Lawn Care with EM
Grow beautiful grass. Beneficial microorganisms are an essential tool in sustainable and organic maintenance of healthy and disease-free turf. EM is not only the perfect partner for garden health but also great for helping to improve your lawn health and quality. Whether your soil is infertile or a dog is killing areas on your lawn, EM can help significantly by enhancing plant root development, plant health, growth and quality through improved nutrient flow and aid in creating healthy soil conditions. This will quickly improve the look and quality of your lawn.
The microbes in EM1 Garden convert organic matter into food for the grass, build the soil, and help to increase drought resistance. The result is a stronger lawn that is better able to resist diseases and pests. EM1 Garden is a low cost, organic and sustainable way to have lush green grass all year round. For more information contact us or purchase EM1 Garden.
What EM does in the soil?
- Serves as a catalyst to naturally detoxify and enrich the topsoils—which increases plant growth, yield, shelf-life and overall nutritional quality.
- Improvement of soil quality substantially reduces the growth of weeds and herbivore insects, thus gradually eliminating the need for toxic herbicides, pesticides, and synthetic fertilizers.
- Promotes photosynthesis and strengthens the vigor of plants, thus increasing their ability to withstand drought, floods, and temperature extremes.
- Naturally remediates harmful substances—such as heavy metals, salinization, and agrochemicals—while restoring the microbial diversity of the topsoils.
- Increases soil temperature through microbial activity, which enables greater cultivation in colder regions.
- Improves soil aggregation, permeability, and water holding capacity—thus reducing overall water usage.
- Helps prevent the erosion of fertile topsoils—and can even convert desert and sodic environments into arable land.
- Detoxifies, conserves, and improves the overall quality of water and the runoff tributaries.
Applications for Turf and Lawn Care
- Apply the EM with a hose-end sprayer, backpack sprayer, or inject into irrigation system about every 10 days throughout the growing season.
- It is recommended to use organic fertilizers and vitamin supplements in combination with EM, which provide a natural food-base for the soil and microbes.
- Use a "mulching mower" to chop and redeposit the grass clipping. Spray EM® onto the turf after mowing. This enables the clippings to rapidly breakdown into stable organic matter for the soil.