EM® Soil and Crop is a natural safe technology with many applications around farm, orchard, and vineyard environments. A certified organic product, EM Soil and Crop is a ready to use product which works by getting the natural processes to function, the way nature intended.
As a soil and foliar additive EM helps germination, root formation, plant growth and plant ripening. EM RTU also improves the soil’s physical, chemical and biological condition and accelerates composting.
EM RTU is to be used to improve crop and pasture yields and enhance fertiliser performance. EM RTU will enhance growth through:
- Fixing atmospheric nitrogen
- Converting organic matter to plant nutrients
- Decomposing organic residues
- Recycling soil nutrients
- Enhancing Fertiliser Inputs
The microbes in EM will solubilise compounds both organic and inorganic that are largely unavailable to plants and make them available for uptake by the plants root system allowing the plant to put more energy into growth. In performing this important function the Microbes create a more efficient use of added nutrients, generating a better growth response from fertiliser inputs. Also our research has demonstrated the ability to lower fertiliser use while still getting the same yield.
- Combine with fertilizer applications to increase efficacy of applications; 5 - 10 litres EM per ha
- On crops, apply 10-20 litres EM per ha with as much water as possible; target key periods such as primary cultivation, pre-plant and critical growth stages
- Apply through an injector into your irrigation or fertigation system. Rates of 3-10 litres EM per ha are recommended, and are determined by frequency of application
- Combine the application of EM at 10-20 litres EM per ha with weeding operations so that the dying weeds can be broken down rapidly
- Soak seeds in a solution of EM 1:1000 before planting to increase seed viability
- Apply EM to crop residues and green manure at incorporation stages; apply 20 litres EM per ha with as much water as needed to get good coverage
- For a Foliar Spray dilute EM with water to 1% and apply to run off
- During high disease challenge periods, apply as a foliar spray at 2%-5%