- Regular price
- Regular price
- Sale price
EM Environment is a Ready to Use product which is a natural, safe technology with many applications around waste processing, odour, septic systems, compost and water quality. A certified organic product, EM Environment, works by getting the natural processes to function, the way nature intended. This includes breaking down odour, organic matter and sludge, balancing the microbial environment and improving composting activity.
By using EM Environment you can:
- Bio-activate your septic system and stop foul odours
- Treat waste water systems
- Activate your compost and reduce odours
- Restore water quality in ponds and lakes
- Remove odour and maintain a healthy environment in Animal husbandry
EM Environment can be used undiluted or diluted with water. It can also be combined with other products (please contact us for further details).
Contains EM (Effective Microorganisms) Proprietary blend of GRAS registered micro-organisms
How to use
- Ponds and Waterways: Add EM Environment at between 1/5000 and 1/50000 of water volume
- Compost making: use 1-2 litres per cubic metre
- Odour control: use as a spray either undiluted or diluted up to 10 times with water
- Wastewater, effluent or sewage application: use at between 1:1000 and 1:5000 dilution
Price is for a 20L we also sell in 200L and 1000L containers. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for pricing on large volumes.
How long does shipping take?
It can vary depending on your location but as a general rule we expect it to take 1-2 days for the South Island, 2-3 days for the North Island and generally an extra day for rural delivery.
Please contact email@example.com for delivery costs on large volumes.
Mike Pattison, Interclean
“The effect on the first truck load of “EM” dosed product (16,000 litres of septic tank waste) brought into the plant was so remarkable that no one present could deny this was likely to be the solution we were looking for. An immediate commitment was made to continue to use “EM” for odour control”
What is EM?
Effective microorganisms or EM are mixed cultures of beneficial microorganisms that can be applied as inoculants to increase the microbial diversity of soils and plants which, in turn, can improve soil health, and the growth, yield, and quality of crops.
How does EM actually work?
There is documented scientific evidence to indicate that EM cultures can
(a) suppress soil-borne pathogens,
(b) accelerate the decomposition of organic wastes and residues,
(c) increase the availability of mineral nutrients and useful organic compounds to plants,
(d) enhance the activities of beneficial, indigenous microorganisms, e.g., mycorrhizae,
(e) fix atmospheric nitrogen, and
(f) reduce the need for chemical fertilisers and pesticides.
Actually, EM tends to simulate the "rotation effect," a term used by agronomists to describe the regeneration of beneficial soil microorganisms and suppression of harmful ones which results from crop rotation.
Is EM an organic product?
Yes, EM is certified organic by BioGrow NZ and can be used in all types of organic systems.
What can EM be used for?
EM has a huge range of uses around the home, garden, farm, business, or industrial zone. Today EM is used in many systems pertaining to agriculture and environmental management. These range from crop and animal production systems, to livestock and aquaculture units. EM is used widely in environmental management for decomposition and more importantly for recycling of wastes, both solids and liquids.
The application and use of EM technology in NZ is wide and varied:
- From crops like peas, wheat, linseed to onions, potatoes, carrots and beans.
- From sheep, cows and deer, to pigs and chickens
- From wine grapes and olives to saffron and lavender
- From recycling food waste in restaurants and schools back to gardens
- From household food waste to larger office blocks and Universities collecting lunchtime food waste.
- From small composting toilets in holiday homes to large composting toilets in mountain chalets for trampers and mountaineers.
- From controlling odours at commercial and large municipal composting sites to controlling odours and improving water quality at vineyards treating their own wastewater.
Whilst initially the use of EM was confined to Agriculture, in recent times the growth sector has been vineyards and waste management. Visit the industries section of this website to find out more about EM's uses.