EM™ Septic Fresh
- Regular price
- Regular price
- Sale price
EM Septic Fresh is a natural inoculant designed to inoculate your septic tank with millions of beneficial microbes to enhance the system. Using EM is an environment friendly solution to the problems of odour and contamination from waste disposal. A certified organic product, EM Septic Fresh, works by getting the natural processes to function, the way nature intended.
By using EM septic tank you will:
- Bio-activate your septic system
- Digest waste material
- Remove foul odours
- Suppresses harmful microbes
- Break down solids and sludge
- Reduce inorganic activity
Why use EM Septic Fresh in your septic tank?
EM is a natural solution that works by increasing the microbial diversity of the system. As more and more of us continue to use antibiotic soaps, and increase the use of bleach and other disinfectants, not to mention the intake increase of pharmaceuticals, the lifeblood aka ‘the biological balance’ of any septic tank system is put in jeopardy as the microbes start to die. The only way to revive it is to inoculate it with a strong, live culture of microbes like those found in EM.
- Initial: Apply an initial dose of 2L of EM Septic Fresh or up to 5L in severe circumstances then follow the maintenance program
- Maintenance: To maintain a healthy and functioning septic system dose 1L of EM Septic Fresh every month straight into the toilet
How long does shipping take?
It can vary depending on your location but as a general rule we expect it to take 1-2 days for the South Island, 2-3 days for the North Island and generally an extra day for rural delivery.
Please contact email@example.com for delivery costs on large volumes.
What is EM?
Effective microorganisms or EM are mixed cultures of beneficial microorganisms that can be applied as inoculants to increase the microbial diversity of soils and plants which, in turn, can improve soil health, and the growth, yield, and quality of crops.
How does EM actually work?
There is documented scientific evidence to indicate that EM cultures can
(a) suppress soil-borne pathogens,
(b) accelerate the decomposition of organic wastes and residues,
(c) increase the availability of mineral nutrients and useful organic compounds to plants,
(d) enhance the activities of beneficial, indigenous microorganisms, e.g., mycorrhizae,
(e) fix atmospheric nitrogen, and
(f) reduce the need for chemical fertilisers and pesticides.
Actually, EM tends to simulate the "rotation effect," a term used by agronomists to describe the regeneration of beneficial soil microorganisms and suppression of harmful ones which results from crop rotation.
Is EM an organic product?
Yes, EM is certified organic by BioGrow NZ and can be used in all types of organic systems.
What can EM be used for?
EM has a huge range of uses around the home, garden, farm, business, or industrial zone. Today EM is used in many systems pertaining to agriculture and environmental management. These range from crop and animal production systems, to livestock and aquaculture units. EM is used widely in environmental management for decomposition and more importantly for recycling of wastes, both solids and liquids.
The application and use of EM technology in NZ is wide and varied:
- From crops like peas, wheat, linseed to onions, potatoes, carrots and beans.
- From sheep, cows and deer, to pigs and chickens
- From wine grapes and olives to saffron and lavender
- From recycling food waste in restaurants and schools back to gardens
- From household food waste to larger office blocks and Universities collecting lunchtime food waste.
- From small composting toilets in holiday homes to large composting toilets in mountain chalets for trampers and mountaineers.
- From controlling odours at commercial and large municipal composting sites to controlling odours and improving water quality at vineyards treating their own wastewater.
Whilst initially the use of EM was confined to Agriculture, in recent times the growth sector has been vineyards and waste management. Visit the industries section of this website to find out more about EM's uses.