- Regular price
- Regular price
- Sale price
EM Amino can be foliar or soil applied on its own or with fertiliser and crop protection products. It is quickly mobilised within the plant to areas where it is most needed. The importance of amino acids is often overlooked in relation to crop results.
EM Amino is a full spectrum L-Amino acid that is plant derived making it highly available to all agricultural crops. Its unique combination includes a range of beneficial biology, trace minerals, carbohydrates and enzymes. Plants gain their proteins from amino acids that are produced via complex biochemical processes that consume vast amounts of energy within the plant. EM Amino provides plants with 19 of these amino acids with saved energy diverted to enhancing plant performance. EM Amino can be foliar or soil applied on its own or with fertiliser and crop protection products. It is quickly mobilised within the plant to areas where it is most needed. The importance of amino acids is often overlooked in relation to crop results. From resisting disease and temperature stress, to providing nutrition, or enhancing flowering and fruit set, amino acids are the building blocks of plant performance. L-Amino Acids are scientifically proven to bioactively reduce crop stress, increase nutrient uptake and increase plant energy production. Add to your fertiliser applications to improve their plant uptake.
Advantages of EM Amino
- High in Glycine which is an important amino acid for chelation and a key part of chlorophyll production
- Contains highly plant available L amino acids
- Wholly plant derived amino acids
- Nitrate free for long & short term effective uptake
- Key amino acids, favours chlorophyll & protein synthesis
- Contains EM and Seaweed as a biostimulant to enhance plant and fruit growth
- Stimulates microbial activity
- Prevents disease through competitive exclusion
Amino Acids, Sugars, Organic Carbon, Effective Microorganisms, Enzymes
Price is for a 20L we also sell EM Amino in 200L and 1000L containers. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for delivery costs on large volumes.
How long does shipping take?
It can vary depending on your location but as a general rule we expect it to take 1-2 days for the South Island, 2-3 days for the North Island and generally an extra day for rural delivery.
Please contact email@example.com for delivery costs on large volumes.
What is EM?
Effective microorganisms or EM are mixed cultures of beneficial microorganisms that can be applied as inoculants to increase the microbial diversity of soils and plants which, in turn, can improve soil health, and the growth, yield, and quality of crops.
How does EM actually work?
There is documented scientific evidence to indicate that EM cultures can
(a) suppress soil-borne pathogens,
(b) accelerate the decomposition of organic wastes and residues,
(c) increase the availability of mineral nutrients and useful organic compounds to plants,
(d) enhance the activities of beneficial, indigenous microorganisms, e.g., mycorrhizae,
(e) fix atmospheric nitrogen, and
(f) reduce the need for chemical fertilisers and pesticides.
Actually, EM tends to simulate the "rotation effect," a term used by agronomists to describe the regeneration of beneficial soil microorganisms and suppression of harmful ones which results from crop rotation.
Is EM an organic product?
Yes, EM is certified organic by BioGrow NZ and can be used in all types of organic systems.
What can EM be used for?
EM has a huge range of uses around the home, garden, farm, business, or industrial zone. Today EM is used in many systems pertaining to agriculture and environmental management. These range from crop and animal production systems, to livestock and aquaculture units. EM is used widely in environmental management for decomposition and more importantly for recycling of wastes, both solids and liquids.
The application and use of EM technology in NZ is wide and varied:
- From crops like peas, wheat, linseed to onions, potatoes, carrots and beans.
- From sheep, cows and deer, to pigs and chickens
- From wine grapes and olives to saffron and lavender
- From recycling food waste in restaurants and schools back to gardens
- From household food waste to larger office blocks and Universities collecting lunchtime food waste.
- From small composting toilets in holiday homes to large composting toilets in mountain chalets for trampers and mountaineers.
- From controlling odours at commercial and large municipal composting sites to controlling odours and improving water quality at vineyards treating their own wastewater.
Whilst initially the use of EM was confined to Agriculture, in recent times the growth sector has been vineyards and waste management. Visit the industries section of this website to find out more about EM's uses.